Dr. Postolović was born in Pula. Upon the completion of high school, he enrolled at the University of Rijeka, Department of Medicine where he graduated in February of 1992. After he passed the professional exam, he worked at the Emergency Department at the Mali Lošinj Medical Centre. His next job was at the School Dispensary at the Pula Medical Centre followed by the Emergency Department at the Mali Lošinj Medical Centre the following year where he remained for additional five years. He has been permanently employed at the Veli Lošinj Health Resort since 1999 where he manages the clinic for children suffering from bronchial asthma. In April of 2011 he passed the professional exam for physical therapy and rehabilitation.
He is a member of the Croatian Rheumatology Association.
Types of services:
- general and specialist examination
- consultations on bronchial asthma in children
- infiltration of medications into the painful points of the body (in the shoulder, elbow, carpal tunnel, tendovaginitis, plantar fasciitis, epicondylitis)
Types of examinations:
- pulse oximetry
- clinical evaluation of the functional status of the range of motion of joints, manual muscle test
- different painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system
- limitations in daily functioning related to the locomotor system
- conditions after injuries (fractures, sprains, strains, sports injuries, etc.).
- sustaining rehabilitation of neurological patients (condition after cerebral stroke,
etc.), rehabilitation after implantation of hip or knee prosthesis.
- We need you to bring medical documentation on review for possible contraindications of electrotherapy or other types of procedures (pacemakers, implants, prostheses, arrhythmias, etc.)
- If there is a need for further diagnostic work up, clients will be sent for additional examinations to a partner medical institution.
- We also need you to inform us about any allergic reactions to medication, and you should know the names of medications you are taking for possible interactions of antirheumatic medications with the medications you are already taking.
Mr. Ljubiša Postolović, MD, MSc
Podjavori 27, 51 551 Veli Lošinj
Veli Lošinj Health Resort
Tel: +385 (0)51 236 111 (health resort); +385 (0)51 6298 721 (clinic)
Web: Veli Lošinj Health Resort
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 8.00 AM to 1.00 PM,
Wednesdays: 1.00 PM to 7.00 PM
Appointment scheduling: compulsory. Can be made over the phone, e-mail or in person at the reception at the Health Resort. Due to the nature of the operations, you may have a short wait for the arranged appointment.
Cancellation: your physician will cancel the appointment in case of illness and inability to engage a substitute. The patient may cancel the appointment at any time. Please be kind and cancel at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
Languages spoken: Croatian, English, Italian
“After hip surgery I came to Veli Lošinj for recovery; during a 4 week stay I fully recovered, with walking and therapy from dr. Postolović.”
(Mara Visković, Osijek)