Experience the island with your five senses
Take a guided tour and experience parts of our magical history, from antiquity to the Austrian-Hungarian Empire and the captains of Lošinj. Visit the Museum of Apoxyomenos – the bronze statue of a Greek athlete, found in the waters off Lošinj, tour the ancient town of Osor, sail in the wake of Apoxyomenos or dive underwater and find out what the depths hide.
Walk along the promenade and experience the influence of Lošinj’s visionaries – one of them was Ambroz Haračić whom we can thank for the beautiful Lošinj pine forest and for Lošinj being proclaimed a climatic health resort in 1892, and being an oasis of health even today. Relax with the scents of 1100 species of various plants and enjoy the natural aromatherapy, breathing in sea aerosols and essential oils.
You could relax in nature, jog or run, exercise in a gym, take tennis lessons or hike to the island’s highest peak – Osoršćica. There, the view “above the clouds” will leave anyone breathless – see the whole archipelago spread before you!
Take on a challenge and learn how to cook Mediterranean specialties and dishes inspired by classical antiquity, all with local organic produce at one of our cooking workshops.
Touch the sand of Susak Island and discover the secret of its origin and how it transformed into today’s island. Take a look at the traditional folk costume of the island and sample traditional local specialties.
Learn to live as the Apoxyomenos and follow the maxim: A healthy mind in a healthy body!
Do you still ask yourself why Lošinj?
#breatheLosinj with all your senses:
- see the culture and attractions from classical antiquity to the present day and learn something new about the destination
- taste the cuisine of the Mediterranean and classical antiquity, and learn how to prepare fast and healthy meals with locally grown ingredients
- touch and experience the islands of Lošinj archipelago
- breathe in the scent of 1200 species of various indigenous plants while walking in a pine forest
- listen to the sounds of the sea, the whistles of dolphins, the singing of birds and crickets
- make a decision and #breatheLosinj