Pulmonary rehabilitation on Lošinj is based on scientifically proven clinical and diagnostic methods applied in combination with natural healing factors and healing aerosol of the island of Lošinj, and it is aligned with the 100-year-old tradition of health tourism.
The aim of the programmes is to reduce symptoms and improve the quality of life of people with respiratory problems, and for maximum results, a 6-week participation in the programme is recommended. These programmes are created to provide help in controlling and adapting to a specific condition or disease, as well as to maintain the condition of respiratory muscles.
Re-Spiro programmes are customised to each patient bearing in mind their general health, history of present illness, and goals that they wish to achieve. The programmes will train patients for individual use of skills and methods that would facilitate breathing, prolong the periods without symptoms, reduce the frequency of relapses, and reduce the use of medication during the year. A consultation with a nutritionist will help in choosing a suitable diet and achieving quality dietary habits.
Re-SpiroExpress: 1-week programme of conditional training for lungs
Re-Spiro Light: 2-week programme of controlling and adapting to a specific condition or disease and maintaining the condition of respiratory muscles
Re-Spiro Max: lung rehabilitation programme
- Persons with asthma or chronic bronchitis
- Smokers who have smoked more than a pack of cigarettes a day for a period longer than 10 years
- People who live in large cities and are chronically exposed to high smog concentrations
- Persons who are exposed to smoke, steam, dust and toxic gas inhalations or those who work or live in polluted locations placing them at a higher risk of developing a pulmonary disease
- Persons who experience shortness of breath, physically inactive persons, persons having difficulties with physical strain preventing them from participation in daily activities
- Persons with a mild chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) categorized according the GOLD classification levels 1 and 2, that is, therapy groups A and B
- chronic bronchitis
- shortness of breath
- preventative measures and preservation of respiratory system wellness
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (levels 1 and 2 according to the GOLD classification)
Expected program benefits:
- reduction of respiratory tract symptoms, especially of the level of shortness of breath
- improved quality of life
- improved tolerance to daily physical activities
- improved independence and overall feeling of well-being
- improved sense of disease control
- reduced feelings of anxiety and depression
- decreased hospital treatment fees because relapses occur less frequently and hospitalisation is shorter